SVG GEOTHERMAL COMPANY LIMITED
Mechanic – Steam Field Operator
The Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines (GOSVG) has prioritised the diversification of its energy supply, including a larger proportion of renewable sources for the generation of electricity.
The St. Vincent Geothermal Company Limited (SVGCL) has been formed to develop about 10 -15 megawatt (MW) of geothermal power in northern St. Vincent, on the southern slopes of the La Soufrière Volcano.
The Project would be the first of its kind in SVG and consists of the exploratory drilling and testing of three geothermal wells on 1-2 well pads and associated project facilities (e.g., water system, road improvements).
The Project’s objective is to determine whether the geothermal reservoir characteristics of the La Soufrière Volcano are suitable for production through exploratory drilling.
Should this be confirmed, SVGCL intends to continue to power production.
If the Project is commercially viable, then it would support renewable energy in the national energy mix; stabilise energy prices to the electricity sector; reduce reliance on imported fossil fuels; reduce carbon emissions; and increase energy independence.
SCOPE OF Work
- Under general supervision and according to established procedures, operates, maintains and keeps records of water pump equipment, to assure constant availability of water supply to drilling action and in the future water supply to the power plant.
- Perform routine maintenance on water pump equipment, including predictive, preventive, and minor corrective maintenance.
- After drilling of wells to trained to have responsibility for operating and maintaining the geothermal wells and the steam field to be constructed.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the operation and maintenance the Geothermal power plant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent
At least 7 years of experience in a mechanical environment (operations, maintenance).
Understanding and experience of electrical or electronic applications
Experience with motors or controls
Must have an active driver license and a clean driving record
Ability to communicate and manage
GREAT work ethic and a strong sense of customer service
Interested persons are encouraged to forward application for the employment (1 hard copy) to the address below before end of day (16:00 hour) Tuesday April 30, 2019.
C\o Energy Unit
Corner of Higginson Street and Lower Middle Street
- ST VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
Tel: 1 (784) 494-1190