Venezuela Strengthens Security Plans Prior To Elections

President Maduro called on popular organizations that work in 2,361 subnational security areas to remain on “maximum alert” against possible attacks from abroad.

RELATED:

Venezuela Denounces New Aggressions from the US

He activated the “Operations Command Post”, a national plan in which state and municipal command posts, as well as 2,361 subnational security areas called “peace quadrants”, are permanently involved.

“Keep maximum alert, poise, and serenity. Keep maximum confidence in combat, battle, and victory,” Maduro said, emphasizing that the U.S. President Donald Trump or Colombia’s President Ivan Duque “cannot disturb the peace.”

Previously, on Monday, the Bolivarian leader held a meeting with the Venezuelan political and military high command to define the actions to be taken in the last quarter of the year, most of which will be focused on guaranteeing the holding of parliamentary elections.

Maduro also rejected the statements that Trump made against China and Venezuela during the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly.

“The attack on the honor and honesty of the people of China ceases! Enough is enough!” Maduro said and recalled that the Asian country has sent medicines, diagnostic tests, and medical supplies to Venezuela and other countries to face the pandemic. (TELESUR)