At its 2018 Biennial General Meeting held on 20th November at Beachcombers Hotel, a new Board of Directors was elected to serve the SVG Hotel & Tourism Association for the next two years.
The new Board is headed by Kim Halbich of Paradise Beach Hotel, herself a former Association President. Other members elected were:
- Vice President: Keisha Browne, Mariners Hotel
- Accommodation (Apts., Guest Houses, Bed & Breakfast, Inns, Lodges): Alicia Lavia, Alojay Apts.
- Accommodation (Hotels): Jessica Hornsey, Beachcombers Hotel
- Accommodation (Resorts): Bianca Porter, Young Island Resort
- Allied (Marine Operator – Yachting/Boating): Katie Bingham, Sail Grenadines
- Allied (Marine Operator – Dive): Vaughan Martin, Serenity Dive
- Allied (Land/Sea Tour Operator): Michele Forsyth, Coreas Caribbean Adventures
- Allied (General): Peter A. Van Whervin, Guardsman
Outgoing President, Fitzroy Glasgow, will serve as Immediate Past President.
The new President has indicated that one of the new Board’s top priorities would be the issue of Crime against Visitors and Crime against Employees.
The SVG Hotel & Tourism Association represents the tourism industry’s private sector.