The Nurses Association of St Vincent and the Grenadines (N.A.S.V.G) as of February 21 st 2019 has a new executive body.
This long overdue call came from the nursing fraternity after the association became dormant for a number of years.
The association was officially handed over to the new executive on the 5th March 2019.
The overall aim of the association is to stimulate and promote the advancement and professional development of all nurses and nursing assistants in SVG. Our objectives are but not limited to the following:
- To establish standards of nursing practice, promoting the rights of nurses in the workplace, advancing the economic and general welfare of nurses.
- to serve the public and nursing profession by advancing health policy and practice
- To further the progress of nursing as a profession
- Promote legislation, and projects which will enhance education, practice, and research for nurses.
- Promote and maintain the highest possible standard of nursing for the well being of the citizens of St Vincent and the Grenadines unrestricted by conditions of race, religion, colour, political status, thus the practice of life, dignity and rights of mankind
- Uphold the ethics of the nursing profession as outlined by the International Council of Nurses.
- Act as a representative body in dealing with government and other relevant agencies when bargaining for nurses and nursing.
- Promote and foster local, regional and international relations through membership with the appropriate local, regional and international organization.
Members of the New N.A.S.V.G Executive
- President – Cindy Pierre Charles
- Vice president – Cheryl-Ann Noel
- Secretary – Shelly-Ann Alexander- Ross
- Treasurer- Sylvena Byam
- Assistant Treasurer/Secretary- Glenderene Browne
- PRO- Kenyatta Williams
- Committee Members – Karen Joseph
- Prudence Jeffery
- Julie Douglas Russell