St. Vincent and the Grenadines will host the second of phase of Exercise Tradewinds from June 14 -21, 2019.
In preparation for this major security and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HADR) event, thirty five (35) emergency services personnel from the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force, Fire Department, Coast Guard, Her Majesty’s Prisons, SVG Cadet Corps, NEMO, Ministry of Health, Argyle International Airport (AIA) and SVG Port Authority will benefit from a Regional Security System (RSS) Incident Command System (ICS) and Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) workshops.
The workshops will run from Monday, April 29 to Saturday, May 04, 2019 commencing at 8:30 am to 5:00 pm daily at NEMO’s Training Room.
The main objectives of the training workshops are as follows:
- To improve St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ joint emergency services response to critical incidents – especially at the Command and Control level.
- To enhance a multi-sectoral approach to the management of an incident or event.
- To orient Participants to the Incident Command System(ICS) that is used within the RSS Member States;
- To strengthen coordination amongst entities in Vincent and the Grenadines;
- To review and orient Participants to the Emergency Operations Centre(EOC) management system that is used within the RSS Member States;
- To develop a cadre of trained personnel to execute the specific function in ICS in SVG;
- To strengthen coordination among agencies in the SVG Disaster Management System for the on scene management of incidents.
The facilitators for the workshops will be Brigadier General (Ret) Mr. Earl Arthurs, Project Officer, RSS Training Institute and Warrant Officer One (1) St. Clair Williams, Assistant Staff Officer, RSS Training Institute.
Director of the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO), Ms. Michelle Forbes will deliver welcome remarks while Commissioner of Police, Mr. Colin John will deliver brief remarks and declare the Workshops open.