The National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) will host a three day Shelter and Shelter Management Workshop which will commence on Tuesday 13th August, 2019.
This workshop will be held in collaboration with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), St. Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross Society, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of National Mobilization.
The Shelter and Shelter Management Training Workshop targets Shelter Managers and members of the Shelter Management Teams.
The objectives of the workshop are to train key personnel about the:
- Principles governing the Management of an Emergency Shelter
- Roles and Responsibilities of Shelter Management Teams and Shelterees
- The use of the various record keeping forms
- Dealing with Psychosocial issues that may arise during the activation of an Emergency Shelter
- Child Protection in Emergencies
- The Return to Happiness Program
The workshop will be held at NEMO’s Conference Room, beginning 8:30 a.m. each day. The Opening Ceremony will take place on Tuesday 13th August, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.