The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Commerce takes this opportunity to inform the general public that effective December 31, 2018, the Canadian Government has expanded its Immigration Biometrics programme (i.e. fingerprints and digital photograph) to include nationals of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Persons are required to provide their biometrics once applying for:
- a visitor’s visa;
- a work permit or study permit (excluding U.S. nationals) or
- permanent residence;
Persons that are exempt from enrolling their biometrics include:
- accredited diplomats of other countries and the United Nations coming to Canada on official business;
- persons under the age of 14 and over the age of 79 years old (there is no upper age limit for asylum claimants);
- Heads of state and heads government; and
- Visa-exempt nationals coming to Canada as tourists (states with visa waiver agreement).
The biometrics is required to be submitted to the Canadian authorities once every 10 years by persons applying for a visitor visa, a study permit, or a work permit. For person applying for visitor visa, study or work permit, it is advised to provide the information by applying online or in person at one of the Visa Application Centre (VAC).
The visa application centre for Vincentian nationals applying for a Canadian Visa is located in Trinidad and Tobago. For more information persons can visit the Trinidad Visa Application Centre (VAC) website at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Trinidad-and-Tobago/.
A new Canada Visa application Centre is now open in Barbados and located at DHL Barbados Ltd, Airport Commercial Centre, Pilgrim Road, Christ Church, Barbados. For more information persons can visit their website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Barbados/
The stipulated fees for the biometrics are as follows:
- Individual applicants : CAD$85.00 (maximum fee);
- Families applying together at the same time: CAD$170.00 (maximum fee);
- Groups of 3 or more performing artistes and their staff who apply for work permits at the same time: CAD$225.00;
Persons are kindly reminded that the Visa fee of CAD$100.00 is still applicable.
To find out more information on the service and service charge schedule visit: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/TrinidadandTobago/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit the Canadian website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp.