The OECS Authority is scheduled to meet in special session in Guadeloupe on 14-15 March 2019 at which time Guadeloupe will be admitted as an associate member of the Organisation.
The accession of Guadeloupe will take place with the signing of an agreement to that effect during the Opening Ceremony for the Special Meeting of the Authority on March 14, 2019 at 5 PM.
In addition to the signing of the agreement, the Opening Ceremony for the Special Meeting will involve speeches by the Director General of the Organisation, the newly elected Premier of the British Virgin Islands, the President of the Regional Council of Guadeloupe and the Chairman of the OECS Authority.
Participants include will include:
- Chairman of the OECS Authority
- Heads of Governments of the OECS Member States and associated Member States
- The Director General of the OECS Dr. Didacus Jules
- The OECS Commission International Relations Unit
- Regional and Development Partners