Morning Updates on COVID-19 for Tuesday, March 31, 2020: By Minister Of Health Luke Browne
1. The Director-General of the World Health organisation has expressed support and compliments for the work that St. Vincent and the Grenadines is doing in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. He said that the most important thing to do is nip any possible outbreak in the bud through testing, contact tracing and any other necessary actions. He also asked SVG to assist with international work in addressing issues.
2. We received a shipment of Personal Protective Equipment from PAHO yesterday. The list of items includes: gowns, N95 masks, goggles and other necessary gear. This is the second shipment from PAHO in 2 weeks. These items would be officially handed over to the Ministry of Health, Wellness and Environment in a ceremony scheduled for 3pm today.
3. 11 additional samples are set to be sent off for testing at the Caribbean Public Health Agency lab later today. The results will be reported as soon as they become available as usual.
4. The Milton Cato Memorial Hospital has issued revised regulations for patient visits at the hospital.
5. The Ministry is joining forces with local artistes and entertainers in a public communications campaign organised in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will beat this coronavirus pandemic together. This could be our finest hour.