HAITI-DEATH-Four people electrocuted after pole falls in market

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti (CMC) — Four people were electrocuted after a high voltage cable fell on vendors at the Tabarre public market on the outskirts of the capital.

Director of Communication at the Town Hall of Tabarre, Milka Jean-Baptiste, said three of the people died instantly, while the fourth died at hospital on Tuesday.

He gave no details of the incident that led to the electrocution of the four people.

In 2012, fire destroyed the market with the government indicating then that it would take “all necessary steps” to prosecute those responsible for the blaze.