The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment wish to advise the general public that as part of its mosquito control programme for the adult Aedes aegypti mosquito, the Insect Vector Control Unit will be conducting fogging operations in the following areas commencing at 5:00 pm daily.
Monday, 22nd March 2021 – Cumberland, Ottley Hall, Yambou, Peruvian Vale, Kelbourney, Gomea, Simon, New Prospect, Sandy Bay and Point
Tuesday, 23rd March 2021 – Spring Village, Edinboro, Battery Hill, Cemetery Hill, Stubbs, Welcome, Dauphine, Biabou and Owia
Wednesday, 24th March 2021 – Gordon Yard, Mount Wynne, New Montrose, Montrose, Richland Park, Belair, Biabou and Owia
Thursday, 25th March 2021 – Walliabou, Keartons, Largo Height, Old Montrose, Calder, Calder Ridge, Fountain, Bridgetown and Fancy
Please take note of the following:
- Home and business owners in the named areas are reminded to keep their windows and doors open to allow the fog to eliminate the adult mosquitoes inside the home.
- Motorists are kindly asked to take caution.
- Persons who are suffering from any respiratory illnesses are kindly asked to take the necessary precautionary measures.
- Residents are also encouraged to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes in their yard and to protect themselves from mosquito bites during the day.
- Please note adverse weather conditions can affect fogging operations.