The formation of St. Vincent and the Grenadines Coast Guard Service within the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force was established on December 2, 1980.
As such, the SVG Coast Guard Service will be celebrating its fortieth (40th) anniversary of existence on December 2, 2020 with a week of activities in recognition of this milestone.
The week of activities will commence on Sunday, November 29, 2020 with a church service at the Calliaqua Anglican Church and culminates on Friday, December 4, 2020 with a Coast Guard Anniversary Social at the Coast Guard Base in Calliaqua.
The events for the week of activities are slated as follow:
- Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 7:00am – Church Service (Calliaqua Anglican Church)
- Monday, November, 30 2020 between 9:30am and 4:00pm – Open Day at the Coast Guard Base, Calliaqua (tour of Captain Mulzac)
- Appearance on the Police On the Beat radio programme at 8:00pm on NBC Radio
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – Community Project (visit to Children’s/Nursing home)
- Wednesday, December, 2, 2020 – Sports/Fun Day
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 – The distribution of Food Basket/Good will package at 10:00am
- An appearance on the Police, Care Serve Protect facebook live programme at 8:00pm – until
- Friday, December 4, 2020 – Coast Guard Anniversary Social from 3:00pm until
Commander, Mr. Brenton Cain extends sincere thanks and gratitude to the general public for their continuous and relentless support to the SVG Coast Guard Service over the past forty years.
He further stated that the partnership forged over the years has fostered the catalyst for growth within the organization.
A cordial invitation is extended to members of the public and the media alike to attend and bring coverage of the events, as we celebrate this monumental occasion.