ATLANTA – With the resumption of slow but steady travel to the region, the Caribbean Connection Walk for Wellness will connect travel advisors with fitness enthusiasts in the destinations that they sell, to focus on a day of action in support of wellness.
The virtual event organized by Travel Advisors Selling the Caribbean (TASC) will be held on September 12, 2020 which will be celebrated as Caribbean Wellness Day.
The event is designed to log “miles and minutes” in support of Caribbean wellness. It will feature Caribbean sportsmen, fitness groups and trainers and will be hosted by Mark Jenkins, a Caribbean personal trainer based in Los Angeles.
Among the personalities and groups that will be participating in the virtual walk:
- Antigua and Barbuda – Sir Richie Richardson, former captain of West Indies Cricket Team, Rambling Soles and Team Island Girls — the Female Row Team that sailed 3,000 miles across the Atlantic, breaking records and barriers.
- Dominica – Get Fit Don’t Quit and Elite Club – fitness groups that host local explorations and fun hikes.
- Grenada – Keisha Bridgeman, Soca Fit USA.
- Jab in Shape, Chrislyn Lashington
- Montserrat – Delon Searles, Yoga Instructor
- St Kitts and Nevis – Nevis Sun Tours and Caribbean Journey Masters
- Saint Lucia – Sweat 758, a fitness group that will launch the Caribbean’s first Wellness Music Festival in 2021, Soca Fit – Clinton Didier
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines – Lindon James, fitness instructor of BeFit and 2018 Wellness Ambassador for the Caribbean Tourism Organization.
- Turks and Caicos – David Bowen – Yoga Wellness Director, Grace Bay Club
This novel virtual walk will connect travel advisors with the Caribbean community in a digital experience across time, space and borders, to highlight Caribbean wellness via ZOOM technology.
Participants will engage in a simultaneous 30-minute virtual walk, motivated by a live Caribbean DJ Trauma Unit Music. They will record and post their activity in “miles and minutes” using a fitness app. At the end of the walk there will be a Virtual Fitness Fair featuring a line-up of wellness experts and influencers. They will conduct interactive demonstrations and showcase various wellness attractions throughout the Caribbean.