Publisher and Founding Editor of Caribbean POSH Magazine, announced that the lifestyle brand dedicated to the empowerment of Caribbean women will be pivoting 2020 brand plans by taking its fifth annual “Caribbean POSHgirl POWER Brunch VIRTUAL on May 29 and 30, 2020.
The POSHGirl Power Brunch, which originally started as a one-day event, has been gradually evolving into a three-day weekend experience in the British Virgin Islands. When the highly anticipated event seemed impossible with the onset of the COVID 19 pandemic, which ultimately led to the shutdown of the territory – Brin like many entrepreneurs was left with the challenge of figuring out what to do.
As the curator of the POSHgirl POWER Brunch, Brin touts the event as a movement that was created to celebrate the magic of Caribbean women who so stylishly and fashionably define the essence of Caribbean POSH. It is an intimate gathering focused on inspiration and empowerment with some of the most influential women from across varied industries including fashion, beauty, finance and marketing sharing their unique stories about their journey to business success. The theme of this virtual edition is “Climbing through Collaboration”— fitting as the COVID 19 global pandemic seem to have set many entrepreneurs back.
“We are taking our extremely successful event and making it a fully FREE virtual event for women across the Caribbean and beyond to enjoy from the comfort of their living rooms. Our hope is for women to feel inspired, to have the opportunity to learn something new, particularly new ways to build themselves and their business. Once we accomplish that our job is indeed done.” – said Janette Brin –Founder of Caribbean POSH
While the event is fully FREE, participates are asked to RSVP for a chance to win POSH prizes including a 3 night stay at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis. The event is set to LIVE Stream via the Caribbean POSH Facebook and YouTube platforms. Special appearances are expected to be made by Drastic, Adam O, and a few other regional favourites.
The 2020 class of virtual panellists are:
- Yvette Noel-Schure, Schure Media Group (Grenada)– Beyonce’s and Buju Banton’s publicist and returning guest will give the events Keynote
- Leslie-Ann Williams, MD, FACP, CEO & Founder Healing Wings International(Trinidad)
- Cindy M. Duke, MD, PhD, FACOG, Founder of Fertility Nevada (Tobago)
- Karen Mitchell, CEO True Indian Hair Company (Jamaica)
- Shakima Stoutt, CEO and Medical Director of BrivaDerm(BVI)
- Raynecia Simmons, aka Razor Empress, Beauty Content Creator (BVI)
- LaNatria Renee Brackett-Ellis, aka Caribbean Cowgirl, Content Creator & Boutique Owner (USA/Jamaica)
- Saelese Haynes-Romany, Attorney (Trinidad)
- Romae Gordon, Co-Managing Director, Pulse World 360 (Jamaica)
- Meiling Esau, Designer (Trinidad)
- Chef Julius Jackson, My Caribbean Kitchen (USVI)
- Lenette Lewis, Crafter and Educator at SageRoots (BVI)
The POSHGirl Power Brunch: Virtual Event is made possible in part by CCT BVI, 284 Media, Premier Dental, Alfresco Villa, National Bank of the Virgin Islands, Bella Blooms, Smith’s Ferry Services, WMB Entertainment, and Four Seasons Resort Nevis.