A total of seventy (70) police officers and Coast Guard officers were promoted in the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force and the SVG Coast Guard Service respectively.
The Police Service Commission has approved the following appointments on promotion in the Police Department and Coast Guard Service effective December 27, 2019, as follows:
TO BE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE (ACTING)
- Superintendent of Police, Mr. Leonard Fergus
Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Mr. Leonard Fergus is a twenty-eight (28) years veteran police officer who was enlisted into the constabulary on February 12, 1992.
He has amassed a wealth of knowledge over the years having worked at various departments within the police force including; Beat and Patrol, Narcotics Unit and Special Branch. He rose up the ranks and was task with the management of the Special Branch Department and Commander of the Eastern Division.
ACP Fergus has received extensive training in Police management, intelligence gathering and analysis in the United Kingdom, North, South, and Central America and in the Caribbean.
He is also a graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Academy in Quantico, Virginia, .. He is currently the staff officer at Police Headquarter, Kingstown.
TO BE LIEUTENANT COMMANDER
- Lieutenant, Mr. Raphie Ragguette
TO BE LIEUTENANT COMMANDER (ACTING)
- Lieutenant, Mr. Enos Hamlette
TO BE LIEUTENANT
- Sub-Lieutenant, Mr. Vinton John
- Sub-Lieutenant, Mr. William Theobalds
TO BE LIEUTENANT (ACTING)
- Sub-Lieutenant, Mr. Tyrone Durham
TO BE SUB-LIEUTENANT
- Chief Petty Officer, Mr. Frankie John
- Chief Petty Officer, Mr. Vincent Gordon
- Chief Petty Officer, Mr. Anthony Delplesche
TO BE INSPECTORS OF POLICE
- Station Sergeant, Mr. Orwin Adams
TO BE STATION SERGEANTS
- 111 Daniel Robertson
- 608 Hanif Johnson
- 537 Williams
- 160 Godwin Joseph
TO BE CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
- Petty Officer 237 Osborne Johnson
- Petty Officer 300 Kenlet Francis
- Petty Officer 627 Alvis Daniel
TO BE CHIEF PETTY OFFICER (ACTING)
- Petty Officer 231 Edwin Durrant
Commissioner of Police, Mr. Colin John has approved the following promotions in the constabulary effective December 27, 2019:
- Nine (9) Sergeants of Police
- Three (3) Acting Sergeants of Police
- Twenty one (21) Corporals of Police
- Ten (10) Acting Corporals of Police
- Eight (8) Leading Seaman
At a meeting with the general body on Thursday, January 9, 2020, Commissioner of Police, Mr. Colin John congratulates all of the officers who were promoted to various ranks.
He emphasized that promotion brings news responsibilities and urged the newly promoted officers to take those responsibilities seriously in the performance of their duties.
He also thanked all the members of the organization for their hard and dedication to duty during 2019.