MET OFFICE : Tropical Wave To Affect St Vincent

The St Vincent Meteorological service in their midday weather report says a Tropical wave will be affecting the island from Wednesday.

The axis of this tropical wave will move over the Southern Windward Islands resulting in occasional cloudy skies accompanying a few brief showers.

By Thursday, unstable conditions being enhanced at the upper level of the atmosphere are expected to generate an increase in shower activity across the region including SVG.

Easterly to South-easterly winds ranging between 10 to 30 km/h (6 to 19 mph) are forecast, however, an increase to near 35 km/h (22 mph) is likely by Wednesday.

Slight to moderate easterly seas peaking near 1.5 meters (5.0 feet) will continue during this forecast period.

The National Hurricane Center is predicting for 2019  a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season.

This outlook forecasts a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season. The hurricane season officially extends from June 1 to November 30.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.