Business Development Officer
NATURE OF WORK
Performs professional and technical work.
A graduate of an accredited college or university with at least a degree in Management, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or a related field and three years professional experience in providing business development services; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KEY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Strategic thinker
- Effective Communicator
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Considerable knowledge of basic business practices and principles, including laws and regulations applicable to business activities.
- Working knowledge of accounting and business record keeping procedures.
- Working knowledge of local, regional and international technical assistance, including financial, resources available to business enterprises.
- Ability to prepare project proposals to leverage available financial and human resources to assist in the development of the local business sector.
- Ability to conduct business feasibility studies and assess market opportunities.
- Ability to identify business enterprise problems and to propose effective remedial action.
- Ability to maintain good public relations in both the business community and the agencies served.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations in relation to business development activities.
- Ability to prepare a variety of written and oral reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Computer literacy, particularly in computerized accounting systems, namely QuickBooks
HOURS OF WORK
Standard hours of work are 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
However, overtime may be required by the needs of the position. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Duties are performed largely in a standard office setting, but with considerable field travel. Although work requirements occur mainly within normal daytime hours, there is a need for evening work activity.
Interesting professionals with relevant qualification and experience may apply by Friday; February 22, 2019 to:-
The General Manager
Centre for Enterprise Development Inc. P.O. Box 2343, Kingstown