The Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines is in the process of establishing a medicinal cannabis industry. The following pieces of draft legislation have been prepared to guide the industry:
- Medicinal Cannabis Industry Bill 2018
- Cannabis Cultivation Amnesty Bill 2018
- The Permitted Use of Cannabis for Religious Purposes Bill 2018
A series of community consultations on the bills have been planned to educate and solicit the feedback of all stakeholders. Two of these meetings will be held in the following communities and dates:
- Tuesday, August 28th – Questelles at the Questelles Learning Resource Centre
- Thursday, August 30th – Kingstown at the Peace Memorial Hall
Both meetings commence at 6:30 p.m.
Resource persons would include Dr. Jerrol Thompson and a representative from the Attorney General’s Chambers.
The public is invited to participate in the discussion.