The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Commerce is pleased to inform of the Windrush Compensation Scheme.
The Windrush Compensation Scheme is an initiative of the British Government developed to Compensate persons of the Windrush generation who experienced difficulties establishing their status under the British immigration system.
The Ministry takes this opportunity to inform that persons affected by the Windrush situation may be eligible for compensation. Affected persons desirous of receiving compensation under the scheme must complete the call for evidence process.
The call for evidence process will run until June 8, 2018 and persons must provide the Home Office with the answers to the following questions:
- Please can you tell us something about your personal background and what went wrong for you?
- How did that affect you, both in practical terms and more generally?
- When did you first know there was a problem?
- What kinds of losses did you experience, as a direct or indirect result of the problems you encountered?
- What do you think we need to do, in terms of a compensation scheme, to put it right?
The response to these questions must reach the Home Office by 11:59 pm on June 8, 2018. Responses may be sent by email to Windrushcompensation@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or by post to:
Windrush Compensation Scheme Team
2nd Floor Peel
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF