The Bequia Onshore Activities Management Committee (BOAMC) being unwaveringly supported by the community and stakeholders of Bequia, is resolute in its ambition for synergetic coordination and facilitation of events/activities on Bequia. We will continue to work to improve services, ensure equality of access for all our constituents, and to aid in improving the quality of life of all by encouraging our people to be involved fully in all economic, spiritual, cultural and social aspects of Bequia. We are charged with ensuring fairness and balance to all concerned.
In this regard, we are committed to our obligation, to the partners and the people of Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines to ensure that FLOW Easter on Bequia 2018 is a success. The activities to celebrate Easter this year will run from 29th March – 2nd April 2018 and are as such:
Thursday 29 March 2018 – Gospel Concert titled “An Attitude of Gratitude” on the 29 March 2018 under the Almond Tree, starting at 7 pm. Ten Churches will grace the stage in singing, dancing, monologue and more. Also featuring that night will be Shunel Nedd, Andres Bascombe & Stacy Lyttle.
Friday 30 March 2018 – Good Friday Swimming Meet between the Plantation Hotel and whaleboner Restaurant commencing at 9 am.
Saturday 31 March 2018 – Gum and Coconut Boat race at the Hamilton Beach beginning at 9 am and later that day starting at 10:30 am under the Almond Tree, it will be a Pantastic Saturday featuring Sion Hill Euphonium, Southeast, Elite and Kids on Pan, Barry Providence, and many other culture performances. Also, there will be the judging in the ECGC/Courts Easter Bake Off competition.
Sunday 01 April 2018 – Family day on Lower Bay featuring various beach events and activities such as tug of war, volleyball, and sand castle competitions.
Monday 2 April 2018 – The big one, you can look forward to the return of the traditional games and activities. Greasy Pole, the Bequia Kayakathon Relay, Ring Toss, the Big slam down Monday Domino finals, Musical Chairs, Dips and Punch Board. Cry and Laugh for nothing, Ice cream Eating, Water transport challenge, Lung Capacity challenge, Bowlegged balloon Race, Kayak Muscle Challenge, Sing-Off (Sing to this tune) Ex Tempo, Hand Press, Hot Beer Drinking, Marble Pitching and much more.
The weekend is not only about the traditional activities but also about a balance. Accordingly, there will be a number of endorsed private parties.
- Friday 30th March 2018, at Park Bay, Eastern End of Bequia, – Mojito party from 12:01 am – 8 am.
- Saturday, March 31st, 2018, at Plantation House, Bequia. – Amgine Entertainment
R.U.M. Party from 4 p.m. -11 p.m.
- Saturday 31th March 2018 –“Castaway”, a Dock Party, starting at 9 pm on-board the Bequia Express docked at the Bequia jetty.
- Sunday 1st April 2018 – “MuTiNy” at De Reef Restaurant on Lower Bay starting at 9 pm.
- Sunday 1st April 2018 from 5:00 pm to 11 pm at Frangipani. A Rebel Media Famous
- Sunday 1st April 2018 – SeaDuction, a BRIDGE LYmE Cruise PRODUCTION from Port Elizabeth to Isle A Quatre and back from 10 am – 5 pm; and
- Monday 2nd April 2018 – AMGINE ENTERTAINMENT A.M DAWN PARTY at Jacks Bar from 9 am – 3 pm.
The BOAMC serves as the platform for the preservation of the Bequia Community Values, Culture and Identity. Additionally, we are an efficient conduit for enhancing the Quality of Life for all citizens of Bequia.