The SAK Project held its inaugural Smalls Acts of Kindness Awards ceremony as part of the week of activities to mark SAK week 2018. The ceremony was held at the Frenches House in Kingstown on Friday, February 16.
Nine students from schools across the island were awarded the SAK Student Leader Award for their achievements in displaying leadership and the ideals of kindness and care for others in their respective schools.
Additionally, six teachers, including current and retired educators, were recognized for their accomplishments over the years in community building and development of the nation’s young people.
The teachers accompanying the students were also presented with certificates of appreciation by their pupils.
The list of awardees is below:
Student Leader Award List:
- Raychad Arrindell – Kingstown Anglican
- Jonniel Stowe – Lodge Village Government
- Rayma Campbell – Bequia SDA Primary
- Shazia Browne – Belair Government
- Reon Jackson – School For Children With Special Needs
- Jada Durrant – Kingstown Government
- Nissi Joseph – Clare Valley Government
- Hayley Ann Duncan – Bequia SDA Primary
- Thyra Charles – Brighton Methodist School
Past & Present Educators Award List:
- Valerie Cato
- Ian Sardine
- Patricia DuPont
- Kenneth Burgin
- Dillon Ollivierre
- Jannice Ross-May