To promote knowledge, understanding and friendship between peoples of Taiwan and St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) is offering two scholarship programmes, namely MOFA Taiwan Scholarship and TaiwanICDF Scholarship, to outstanding Vincentians to pursue studies in Taiwan commencing 2018 academic year.
- Non-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Programme (LEP): 1 year maximum (Only applicable to MOFA Taiwan Scholarship. Upon completion of LEP, the recipient must study for a degree programme. Award periods must be continuous, with no breaks, and cannot exceed a total of 5 years.);
- Degree Programmes:
(1) Undergraduate’s Programme: 4 years maximum
(2) Master’s Programme: 2 years maximum
(3) Doctoral Programme: 4 years maximum
- TawainICDF Scholarship Programme: January 1~March 16, 2018
- MOFA Taiwan Scholarship Programme: February 1~March 31, 2018
Applicants are required to submit the following documents to the Embassy by deadline and be interviewed by the staff of the Embassy. (Please note that applicants also need to apply for admission to school and every study programme has different requirements and deadlines.)
- A completed application form;
- One photocopy of applicant’s passport or other documents that prove nationality;
- One copy of the highest-level diploma and a complete grade transcript which must be sent directly to the Embassy in a stamped sealed envelope by the issuing school. Those documents must be authenticated by the Embassy.
- Supporting admission application materials (e.g. a photocopy of application form for language training center or for a degree programme at university/college in Taiwan; information on study in Taiwan is available at http://www.studyintaiwan.org/)
- Two letters of recommendation.
For further information, please call Mrs. Greta Rawlins at 456-2431 or visit the Embassy’s official website at www.taiwanembassy.org/vc/ (English page: section of Announcements)