The Internet Society St. Vincent & the Grenadines Chapter in collaboration with Caribbean Network Operators Group (CaribNOG), Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) the Internet Society (ISOC) presents the first National Cyber Security Symposium.
This first St Vincent and the Grenadines Cyber Security Symposium offers a holistic view of the issues, threats, myths and opportunities for defending and strengthen digital infrastructure against cyber-attacks.
The event will promote awareness of solutions and practical strategies that will return attendees to their organizations better equipped to take action and be more effective in the following areas:
- Security and Privacy: Informed, Risk-based Decision Making
- Incident Management: Collaborating to Detect and Respond to Cyber Incidents
- Risk Management: Prevention through continuous Risk Analysis and Mitigation
- Network Resilience: Securing and Safeguarding cyber against attack and natural disasters
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Collaborate with peers and experts from across functions and nations
- Access actionable guidance for building robust networks and effective cybersecurity strategies
- Learn what leaders, managers and executives need to understand about cybersecurity
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals
- St Vincent and the Grenadines and Cyber Security – Where are We Now
- Computer Security Incident Response Teams
- Elements of a Resilient Computer Network including DNSEC, IPv6 and Autonomous Systems
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
ü How the changing technology landscape is impacting organizations ü The Cyber Threats posed in the age of Cloud and Mobile computing ü Practical steps needed to effectively secure corporate networks
This first of its kind event will be held on Thursday, December 7th and Friday 8th, 2017 at the Ministry of Finance.