2 Women Given 8 Months, Ordered To Repay Monies,More Arrest In Pauls Avenue Shooting

32 years old Shafique Martin from the community of Fairban Pasture along with 37 years old Diana Quammie from Belmont have both been given 8 months jail sentences.

Quammie and Martin were also ordered to pay $37,447.62 and $18,124.21 respectively by July 6th, 2018 in default an additional 12 months jail term will be imposed.

The sentence and order were handed down on Monday, October 23rd by Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne when Quammie and Martin appeared and entered guilty pleas on some 15 charges of theft from the Sun General Insurance Inc. in St. Vincent and the Grenadines between February 15th, 2015 and October 2016.

Reports are that between the dates in question the former employees prepared false stamped receipts and presented them to the policyholder when they appeared at the Insurance Company to pay their premiums with cash and cheques to induce them to accept as genuine.

When asked by Chief Magistrate what he had to say in terms of sentencing Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delpesche said that the defendants were placed in a position of trust and they have betrayed that trust.

Before imposing the sentence the Magistrate said that the theft was not ordinary but highly sophisticated.

Mean While 

Law Enforcement Officers at the Major Crime Unit here have arrested and charged two other persons following a shooting incident in Paul’s Avenue.

Colin David along with Richardo McFee were both escorted to the Serious Offences Court on Monday, October 23rd before Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne charged jointly for attempted murder, possession of a firearm to endanger life and possession of a firearm for the purpose of committing the offence of murder upon Jwanza Frazer.

When the question of bail arose Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delpesche objected stating that this is the third occasion in recent that David is appearing before the Court on gun-related charges, one recently as last week when he was granted bail.

With respect to McFee, the Prosecutor stated that the gun was not recovered and that while investigations are continuing the Police need more time to do so.

 His objection was upheld by the Magistrate and both accused were remanded into custody until November 3rd, 2017 when their bail will be reviewed on the indictable charges.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.