Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of DIETICIAN COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES at the Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics, Human Nutrition or related field;
- Completion of an approved Nutrition or Dietetic Internship (a maximum of six months experience in a community setting under the supervision of a Senior Nutritionist or Senior Dietician;
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Caribbean Association of Nutritionists and Dieticians or similar association.
The duties of the officer appointed to the post will include the following:-
- Providing medical nutrition therapy for high risk clients registered at polyclinics, health centres and public hospitals in an assigned health district;
- Assisting in the planning, implementing and monitoring of public health nutrition intervention programmes;
- Assisting with the provision of technical oversight in nutrition and dietetics in an assigned health district;
- Conducting training programmes and practice-based nutrition research in an assigned health district;
- Other duties and responsibilities.
Salary is payable in the scale $44,880 x $2,232 – $58,272 per annum in Grade F.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications, accompanied by proof of qualifications and two (2) recent testimonials, should be sent to the Chief Personnel Officer, Service Commissions Department, 2nd Floor, Ministerial Building, Halifax Street, Kingstown, to reach her not later than Friday 29th September, 2017.