Police Appeal To Tradesmen To Utilize Proper Protective Gear

Tradesmen and other artisans are being called upon to use the correct protective gear when carrying out their trade.

This appeal has come from the Police in light of the two skilled tradesmen who died after they were electrocuted while on the job.

On  Saturday, 4th March,  News784 broke the news that Nicholson John, a 34-year-old mason lost his life after an accident in Massy Hill, Biabou.

According to a police report, John died on the scene where he was engaged in construction work around 9.15am.

The police also noted that Andrew Tittle, a resident of Glen, died on the spot after he too was electrocuted in Indian Bay on Monday morning, March 6th, while painting a property.

The Police made the call while speaking the “ On The Beat “ program on NBC radio.

 

Electrocution is death caused by electric shock, electric current passing through the body.

The word is derived from “electro” and “execution”, but it is also used for accidental death. The word is also used to describe non-fatal injuries due to electricity.