Airlines allow passengers after judge blocks travel ban

CNN)Many international airlines are allowing nationals of seven Muslim-majority countries hit with President Donald Trump’s travel ban to board US-bound flights after a federal judge blocked the controversial ban nationwide.

US Customs and Border Protection informed major American airlines on a conference call late Friday that it was “back to business as usual,” effective immediately, an airline executive told CNN.
The State Department has reversed the cancellation of visas provisionally revoked after Trump’s executive order — so long as those visas were not stamped or marked as canceled.
The State Department has said fewer than 60,000 visas were revoked since Trump signed the order January 27. It was not immediately clear how many from that group will continue to be without their visas because their visas were physically canceled.
Also, the Department of Homeland Security has suspended all actions to implement the order.
The department will resume inspections of travelers as it did before Trump’s order, the agency’s acting press secretary, Gillian Christensen, said in a statement Saturday.
Trump’s executive order temporarily barred citizens from Yemen, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Iraq from entering the country. The move last week immediately prompted a slew of legal challenges.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *