Latest Developments: What we know so far
- The UAE has given Qatar’s diplomatic mission in Abu Dhabi 48 hours to leave the country after what it said were “Doha’s several policies which destabilise the security and stability of the region and manipulates commitments”.
- The UAE informed Qatari citizens they had 14 days to leave the UAE. Citizens from Qatar have also been banned from passing through the UAE.
- Emiratis are now banned from visiting or even passing by Qatar by all means.
- The Saudi state news agency SPA said Riyadh had closed its borders, severing land, sea and air contact with Qatar and largely isolating it. It cited officials as saying it was to “protect its national security from the dangers of terrorism and extremism”.
- Etihad Airways said it would suspend all flights to and from Doha from 02:45 local time on Tuesday
- Bahrain’s state news agency said the country was cutting ties with Qatar because Doha was “shaking the security and stability of Bahrain and meddling in its affairs”.
- Saudi Arabia said Qatari troops would be pulled from the ongoing Saudi-led coalition that is fighting Al Houthi militia in Yemen.
- GET MORE INFORMATION HERE